Monday, March 31, 2008

On the verge of Crazy


Tonight will be somewhat of a diatribe. :D I have officially HAD IT with winter. We have these days where I think that spring has possibly sprung, and then the next day we get snow again. I officially have cabin fever and am going out of my mind with being cooped-up, so tonight I went crazy with spring cleaning. With the help of my awesome husband, I was able to get oodles of laundry done, organize most of my bedroom, clean both bathrooms (with a toothbrush no less...I'm a little OCD), vacuum the ENTIRE house, clean the laundry room, and even fit in a friend to give her a haircut! I am totally exhausted, but COMPLETELY satisfied; there is nothing better than a clean house. I have decided that Spring absolutely must be here PRONTO, because for Pete's sake: we've hit April!
I still have sooooo much to do, but at least my dear little family will be able to deal with their somewhat crazy wife and mother for another few weeks, right?

9 comments:

Deanna said...

Thank you! I'll e-mail you if I need your number - would that work? I will look for that link. Thank you! I just didn't know where to start.

I know the feeling of cabin fever. My husband had is so bad this last weekend HE cleaned the bathroom with a toothbrush! No joke. I finally (after watching and laughing from a distance) got him the grout scrubby brush - bigger, harder and longer bristles...I don't think my snickers were appreciated! :)

J.R., Amber, & Co. said...

Yeah... I already went crazy... 2 weeks ago, in fact. There is still snow on the ground here, and if we can't go swimming soon, I think I'll die! The young women in our ward are trying to raise money for girls camp by cleaning and babysitting, so... I have one of them coming over on Thurs and I think I will really put her to work! I literally cannot find my floor some days! I'm proud of you for doing it yourself! Love yer bunz!!!

Gina Taylor said...

You are hilarious!!! I love you!

LeAnn/Mom said...

You shamed me into scrubbing my tub and shower today--however, the PM will be spent in the yard.Flowers are up and so are the weeds, if I get them while they are tiny maybe I can stay ahead this year. We love you guys, when are you coming to Oregon?

Bean said...

I love, love love the new backgrounds! One of the benifits of moving is I get to clean as I go so everything is getting nice and sparkly! Yay!

Vicky said...

Hi Amanda. I'm a friend of Amber's and she's recently introduced me to the fun world of blogging. The reason I am writing is because we are building a house right now and I'm going crazy trying to find the "perfect" wood flooring. I saw your floor in the "strawberry syrup" pics and was wondering if you wouldn't mind sharing with me what kind of floor you have. Thanks a bunch!

Holly said...

Good for you getting your Spring cleaning done! :) I'm feeling the same way!! haha. I'll have to give that cleaner a try for sure!

Annalee Taylor said...

Hey, thanks for commenting on my page! ITs so fun to meet new people especailly ones who have adopted! I love to hear everyones stories and see their kiddos grow up! I didnt get your email so email it to me and Ill add you! ranandanntaylor@msn.com! Thanks again, have a great day!

Kim and Seth said...

i totally know how you feel. Spring is taking way too long, and my need for spring cleaning is getting relentless. We had a day this week where it was above 60 and the kids and i stayed outside all day long. And, as i suspectd the warmth was short lived. Maybe we will get another taste of warm weather next week.