Wednesday, March 26, 2008

A Treasure

I realize that I write a lot about Nathan, but being that he's my only child, and basically the entertainment for our household, I will yet share another story.
As I was getting ready for work this morning, Nathan came into our bedroom. He tries to tell us what he needs or wants by signing and/or saying "shhhh" (I guess it's a multi-use word). He walks up to me and touches my towel, saying "shhhh". Then he touches my clothes, saying "shhhh". I asked him what he wanted, and he held up his hand to me, and said, "shhhh". I looked down to discover that he had managed to pull a messy green treasure from his diaper to share with me. He wasn't grossed out or freaking out that something sticky was on his hand, he just wanted to share. What a sweetie. Well, I had to change my clothes, and as for my towel - it's in the hamper!

5 comments:

Caitlin and Jared said...

Oh Boy! I bet you were wishing this time that he wasn't good at sharing and wanted to keep that one for himself!!

Gina Taylor said...

Oh! the joys! Aren't toddlers so entertaining? You just never know!

Holly said...

oh no, I just hope this never happens to me! Lol. :0)

Deanna said...

How sweet. At least he's learning to SHARE! Question...how do you do that cute background thingie? I have some paper I'd love to use as a background, but don't know how. If you have an easy way to do it, I'd love to know!!! If it's just too complicated, let me know.

Amanda said...

Deanna:
On my blog is a link called "Blog Design Help". Check it out...it helped me a TON. If you still have questions, give me a call (get my number from Jackie Webb or Dan Messick). Good luck!