Thursday, July 24, 2008

Time Flies...

Today is Nathan's 2nd birthday. I am amazed at how quickly the time has gone, and how fast he has grown, right before my eyes. I owe this day to Nathan's birth mother, Mandi, and her sweet family. Without her, my opportunity as Nathan's mother would not be.

This was such a beautiful, bittersweet day. I cannot explain with words my tender feelings for this remarkable young lady. She is and will forever be my hero; but more than that, she is my friend. I love her with all my heart! Mandi, thank you for your great sacrifice. It will never go unnoticed.Our first moment as a familySo tiny...





Such a beautiful little boy.

Words Nathan says at age 2: Moo, juice, nana (banana), cheese, mom, dad, side (outside), choo-choo, please, see you, soft, hi, no, duck, yeah (yes), uh-oh, shoes, sorry, whoa.



Nate, we love you so much! You are growing so fast; We can't slow it down, but we're enjoying every single minute with you! Happy Birthday, baby boy!

5 comments:

Candise said...

Happy Birthday Handsome!!! We sure miss you...we'll have some ice cream tonight in honor of your big day!

Chelsea said...

Happy Birthday Nate! He's so precious. Adoption is amazing. I have so much appreciation and respect for my son's birthmom, and in that way I know how you feel - there just aren't words to describe the appreciation we feel for the sacrifices that our childrens' birthmothers make.

Holly said...

Happy Birthday to one sweet little boy! :) Adoption is truly a blessing!

Anne Marie said...

Wow, he is such a beautiful little boy! I admire birthmothers so much. What a wonderful sacrifice. Nathan is precious!

Linda Gibbs said...

I can't believe Nathan's 2! He is so handsome!