Monday, November 3, 2008

Spotlight

It's been awhile since I've spotlighted anyone. My little sister, Kelsey, has been on my mind quite a bit today, so today's tribute will be to her!

Kelsey Kim. My sweet little sister. I remember the day Dad brought you home from Korea. I was only five years old, but it is burned into my memory. I remember him stepping off the plane, and all I could see was your tons of beautiful hair. I asked him if you were asleep, and he told me you were awake! I was sooooo excited to hold you (but Mom held you first...and the most!I don't think she let me hold you all the way from Portland to Idaho). I couldn't believe how much hair you had. You were so beautiful. (You made me think that white babies were ugly and bland, which is hilarious coming from a white girl!). Nothing matched your beauty, nor does it now. You have a heart of gold. You are patient, loving, kind, thoughtful, and full of hope. You have been insanely supportive of me and my dreams, and yet you have no idea of how much I look up to you. I am in awe of your strength and your drive for life. You live every moment to the fullest, and you remember every detail! (something I wish I did better). I am envious of your flawless skin. I love your almond eyes. I love how sweet you are to my little boy, and all the spoiling you do for him. I love when we giggle over silly things, and when you are kind enough to share your clothes with me. I love when we have long talks. I love how you work so hard to finish your Master's degree, and work at the same time. Your energy is simply amazing. I love your smile, and your tender, tender heart. I am so grateful Heavenly Father loved us both so much to bring us together as sisters! I miss you crazy bad. Do hurry and finish school so we can live close by each other again, okay?? :) But still have fun while you're hurrying! Kelsey, I love you so much. I miss you so much. I'm so proud of you, and I'm proud to be your sister. I am grateful for the example you have been to me. You are my beautiful hero.


All my love,
Amanda

1 comment:

Linda Gibbs said...

I loved that! She is so pretty! (Of course I am a little partial to Asians too!:)
What a good idea to spotlight certain people. I may have to borrow that, if ya don't mind!