Sunday, June 21, 2009

A Father Forever

This picture is worth a thousand words.
1,000 of them.
And then some.
This picture was taken on placement day, July 31, 2006.
Almost three years ago.
This was the day that Derik became a Daddy.
A very sacred day.

Both of our parents came to support us that day.
It was much needed support, and became a sacred experience that we now can recall together.
Treasure together.


This is my adorable Dad, with my beautiful son, Nathan.
I adore him.
Treasure him.
Rely on him.
Look to him for support.
Call him late at night to ask him for advice.
And the best part?
I get to be with Derik and my Dad forever.
Forever...and that's just not long enough.
Happy Father's Day, Derik.
Happy Father's Day, Dad.
I love you both.

1 comment:

Caitlin and Jared said...
This comment has been removed by the author.