Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Eli's Adoption Day

Today was Eli's adoption day!
Before finalization, outside the courtroom

Uncle Michael, Daddy, Nate, Mommy, Judge Rammell holding Eli, Mom, & Dad (our favorite attorney!)

Our little family, along with Judge Rammell & Grandpa Barrus!
Judge Rammell is an incredible person. He was so kind to us.

Today was such a fun day! We had the opportunity to finalize Eli's adoption (by state law, there is a 30-day waiting period before finalization can take place).

My dad is our attorney, so this is extra special for us...and for my dad. My dad said that adoptions are the favorite part of his job, and Judge Rammell said he had to agree!

We are so blessed to have Eli in our home.
So very blessed.
He has filled another void in my heart that I didn't know was there.
Our great love & appreciation go out to our families for all of the support they've given throughout this process.
A special thank you to Eli's birthparents. Without you, this wouldn't have been possible.
We are so excited to go to the temple.
Families really are forever!

5 comments:

Deanna said...

Congratulations! Simply Wonderful.

(I don't know why I'm always your first comment...sorry! I'll do better at not getting on google reader. LOL! )

Candise said...

Yippee! What a happy day. It couldn't happen to a better family. We need to come visit again...we miss you!

Amber said...

Hooray!!!

Chelsea said...

Congratulations! That is so awesome that you were able to finalize so quickly!! (We had to wait 6 months) Your boys are darling!

Gina Taylor said...

Hey, Girl, I have not been in the blogging world for months. It was fun to catch up on yours, What a cute little family! love, ya Gina