Saturday, August 29, 2009

Dear Amber,




My heart is so full. Today we took our little Eli to the Logan Temple. Even after having this experience with Nathan almost three years ago, I still am in awe of this sacred occasion. The love I feel for you today cannot be expressed with words. We were blessed to be sealed as an eternal family, and all because you put your son's needs before your own.

As we entered the sealing room, I noticed that Eli was squirming quite a bit. He just seemed as though he couldn't get comfortable. But as he was brought to the alter to be sealed to Derik & I, he was instantly so calm. He was an angel, dressed in white. So pure. So innocent. So wonderful. I know he felt the same spirit that the rest of us were feeling in that sacred room.

Will you ever know the love we have for you? The appreciation and respect we feel for your incredible, selfless decision to place Eli in our home and entrust him to us? You are a beautiful, courageous young woman, with a heart of gold. You have the greatest potential for your life. I see so much in store for you. As you continue to be the person you are, your example will speak volumes for Eli.

I love you so much.

Thank you, from the bottom of my heart.

3 comments:

Chelsea said...

Congratulations! There is nothing like the experience of being sealed to your child. It's just wonderful. Love you guys.

Caitlin and Jared said...

Wow! That was sooner than we thought it would be! We are glad you had such a special experience. Thanks for sharing!

amy and clint said...

Congrats Amanda! What an amazing experience for you guys, I'm so happy for you. Love ya