Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Spotlight



I'm surprised I haven't done this sooner.

This is my fabulous husband, Derik.

He is incredibly handsome, as you can plainly see.
Derik is a spritual giant.  I admire his testimony and  I am so grateful that he holds the Priesthood.  He teaches me so much about the gospel, and helps strengthen my testimony too.
Derik adores his parents.  I love this (It helps that I adore his parents too!)!
Derik works his fingers to the bone.  He is not afraid to do what it takes to provide for our family.  He works so hard to make our life comfortable, and I am so grateful to him.  He is the reason that I am blessed to be home to raise our two beautiful sons.

Derik has supported me endlessly with the recent excitement in finding my birthmother this year.  It was quite a ride for him, and he never once complained about being drug for miles and miles to meet new people that he would now call family for the rest of his life.  He has embraced my birthfamilies, and been so patient with me as well.

Derik gets me.
He understands me.
He deals puts up with me.
(No small feat.)

I love this man so much.  My time away from him in Burley was hard.  I realized (for the millionth time in our marriage) how much I rely on him.  I realized just how much he does for me on a daily basis.  I love the kind of father he is to our sons.  I love that he wrestles with Nathan on the floor each day, and talks baby-talk to Eli without caring who hears him do it.

I love that Derik loves me.  He supports me in every thing I do.  He is kind, thoughtful, understanding, loving, generous, service-oriented, spiritual, hard working, honest, and just plain fabulous.

I'm glad he's mine.

I found a song that sums him up perfectly (along with what I've already written).

Excerpt from:
'I Just Call You Mine'
Martina McBride

I pinch mysel sometimes to make sure
I'm not in a dream, that's how it seems
I close my eyes and breathe in the sweetest moments
I've ever known, it feels like home.

And here I am, I want to be your everything
There you are turning winter into spring.

And everyone that sees you always wants to know you
And everyone that knows you always has a smile
You're a standing ovation after years of waiting
For a chance to finally shine
Everyone calls you amazing, I just call you mine.

I fall apart and just a word from you somehow seems to fix whatever's wrong
You reach into the weakest moments and remind me that I'm strong
You've gotta know I'd be a fool not to see or even worse
To forget you're more than I deserved, 'cause

Everyone that sees you always wants to know you
And everyone that knows you alwasy has a smile.
You're a standing ovation, after years of waiting
For a chance to finally shine.
Everyone calls you amazing, I just call you mine.


I love you Babe!  Forever sounds good to me!
xoxox.

No comments: