Friday, June 25, 2010

Question...


How do all of you amazing Bloggers do it all?
And how in the world do you make money doing it???

How do you: clean bathrooms, do laundry, brush your teeth, cook breakfast, clean up after breakfast, grocery shop, shower, dust, bathe kids, put groceries away, dress kids, change diapers, cook lunch, clean up after lunch, run errands, go to doctor appointments, run kids to school, pick kids up from school, vacuum, sort/pay bills, cook dinner, clean up after dinner, play with your children, mop floors, run kids to dance lessons, run kids to sports, hold church callings, read to your kids, put your kids to bed, sleep, and even blog????

I must admit that I am envious of each of you that seems to balance it all so well (which is basically everybody besides myself).  I appreciate reading about your successes and I am so happy for you.  But I also feel a little bit...like-I'm-just-not-on-top-of-it------ eVeR.  A little bit like my efforts are just insignificant and unworthy.

I love blogging, but I am a sporadic blogger.  I have moments where there's lots to talk about.  And moments where there's just...nothing. 
I have moments in my life where I am so busy, I can barely find the strength to brush my teeth in the morning.

I recognize these are my insecurities coming out.  But I would also like to find a way to create revenue while I am a stay-at-home-mom, plus not-go-crazy in the process of trying-to-get-it-all-done-without-killing-my-children-before-the-day-is-out.

I don't care about Keeping Up With The Joneses.  I don't need a fabulous blog that is insanely popular and gains awards and merits.  That's a lot of pressure.  The pressure alone could very possibly kill me. Perhaps I'm not cut out for this...?

Any suggestions? 
Do you have a maid? 
A chauffeur? 
A chef? 
A nanny?
...No?

Me neither.
Those items are already in my job description.

Please, do share your secrets!

Love to you all!

Hugs.

3 comments:

Jami N. said...

The words that I read on your blog feel like they are coming out of my own mouth. There is so much pressure to do it all, and to do it all so well. I use my blog as a journal, and I really try to blog about the fun adventures we have as a family. I do not care if a single soul reads my blog...it is there as a record for me. As far as all of the "things" we have to do as moms, I wish I had an answer. I also feel like I am barely staying afloat some days, especially when I have to fit in full time hours at the hospital as a nurse. You are definitely not the only one!

Christine Dallimore said...

Ah.Haaaa- I have those exact same thoughts and feelings too!! I have yet to find that perfect balance....and doubt I ever will! It's great to know I'm not the only one that feels this way! The adoption story on your most recent post- amazing!!! Thanks for sharing!!

Duchess said...

I. Have. No. Idea. If anyone tells you the secret please fill me in! My house is a wreck, my blogs are neglected, and lets just not talk about how many days I actually get a shower and get dressed in something other than yoga clothes.

My only "secret" isn't much help. I've had insomnia my entire life and I drink too much diet dr. pepper.