Monday, December 10, 2007

Our First Big Snow...

So, we woke up this morning to about 5 or 6 inches of snow!! It is beautiful! I decided I needed to take advantage of it, and let Nathan experience it for himself! It took about 10 minutes to get all of his gear on (and it's a workout too!), and then as I was putting my boots on, he took a tumble, and wasn't very happy that he couldn't get up! :)
So, we finally make it outside, and he's thrilled. I realized that I had already wrapped his new mittens for Christmas, and I would've just opened them, but I already sent the packages to Burley (as one less thing to worry about when we go for Christmas), so I improvised, and used socks. Nathan didn't seem to mind, he just looked at his hands with a funny expression. He fell on his bottom, and discovered snow!! (and of course, he tried to eat it)
He is really excited, and giggling at this point. He starts to veer off of the sidewalk...
and crashes face-first into the snowdrift! He was in shock for a few seconds, and then he was MAD! Poor little guy! Our adventures in the snow didn't last any longer than 4 minutes! Oh well, we'll start small! But he's got to toughen-up for snowmobiling and skiing!

2 comments:

Holly said...

Poor little guy. :) Brooklyn thinks the snow is "yucky" so I guess I've got it good this year. teehee. :)

Gina Taylor said...

wow! Your blog is so cute and I love the Christmas music. Such cute pictures of our little Nathan. He is just getting so big, I can't get over it. Can't wait for Christmas in Burley. Love, Gina