Monday, April 21, 2008

Nathan's Next Milestone

The process of taking away the binkie and bottles started off a little rough. The first two or three nights (and naptimes) were quite a struggle. Nathan's temper tantrums and crying episodes increased, and he seemed to think that the sky was falling. I began to wonder if this was even going to be worth it! On night 1, after a long crying/screaming episode, Nathan slept all night long. I thought it was a fluke. On day 2, the crying at bedtime was shorter, and again, he slept through the night! Day 3, he cried for about 5 minutes, fell asleep, and slept all night long. Day 4: No crying. He simply laid on his bed and went to sleep, and...slept through the night!
As it turns out (like my SIL's told me), he has been consistent in the sleep department! I have NEVER slept through the night for an entire week since we got Nathan. I had no idea how sleep deprived I actually was! Derik and I have laughed about this, and wondered if we should've taken away the binkie and bottle when he was a newborn!!! (That's a joke...we would've given him a binkie! Hehehe!)

5 comments:

Candise said...

Yippee! Sleep is wonderful. I am so glad it went relatively well. We miss you guys!

Holly said...

Hooray! I'm so happy for you!! :)

Jenny said...

I told you it would be worth it, i'm glad it didn't take him that long, that's awesome. Nice job!

Gina Taylor said...

Isn't it amazing what some sleep does for you? Sleep is a really good thing for everyone in the fam.

Amber said...

Yea!!!!