Wednesday, July 23, 2008

A Black Cricket

As I was sitting down to update our blog, Nathan came inside from the garage. He was so excited, and hurried over to show me his new find. He excitedly shoved a cricket toward me. As I looked down, I realized that it was something black - I screamed, and tried frantically to get away. He kept coming closer, and I was quickly stuck in the corner behind the table with nowhere to go. I screamed again, and shouted, "No! Aughhh! NO! NO!" He was devastated, and dropped the dead little cricket he'd had pinched between his little fingers, and burst into tears. I'm not sure if I scared him or just hurt his feelings. After I realized it was dead (and especially harmless), I couldn't stop laughing as I tried to console him. I don't think he appreciated it much - or maybe he didn't think I was being sincere as I continued to apologize! He is definately a boy!

1 comment:

Chantri said...

That is just too darn funny! He's so cute. I have done that a lot lately...the whole consoling while laughing...I'm not sure what it is but I am finding everything so darn funny!!! :)