Thursday, July 2, 2009

Introducing...

Eli Craig Taylor
June 26, 2009 - 7:12 p.m.
6 pounds, 12 ounces
19.5 inches



This is our special birthfamily. Amber was kind enough to allow Derik and I to be with her for the birth. It was an incredible experience to help her during labor and contractions.

Because Eli was breech, Amber had to be taken in for a C-Section. She was extremely brave, and amazingly calm. Amber's mom and Eli's birthfather went into surgery with her, and Derik and I waited outside. We had the sweetest nurse named Marla. She came out of surgery and told us the good news of Eli's birth and that everybody was okay.
This picture was just after Amber came out of surgery. I love this picture! These two were incredibly strong. We were all in awe of how beautiful little Eli was.


To my surprise, they allowed me to be feed Eli his first bottle after he was born. I wanted to be so careful to not take these experiences from them, but I was grateful that they were so kind to insist that I do it.



I love this picture. Eli needs to see how wonderful this day was for all of us.

The next day we brought Nathan to meet his new little brother. Amber was so sweet to Nate, and held him while Nate gave Eli a kiss. I was in complete awe of her strength and patience. This picture is so precious.

My three boys

I took this picture yesterday. Nathan has been so helpful with little Eli. He adores him more and more each day. He has struggled a bit with the sharing-of-attention, and Derik and I are doing our best to help him adjust. He is a precious Big Brother!

Nate loves to feed and hold Eli. He is so proud to be a big brother!
Eli is such a good baby. He usually only wakes up around 4 a.m., and again around 7:30 or 8:00 (I hope he continues to do this!!). He is very pleasant and calm. We are so blessed to be his parents, and are so grateful to Eli's amazing birthparents for their great sacrifice on both Eli's and our behalf. Eli will always know where he came from, and about his amazing birthparents. We love you both so much, and pray for you everyday. Your act of love will never be forgotten.

23 comments:

Deanna said...

Oh, AMANDA!!!!! I am SOOO happy for you and your sweet little family! I don't even have words...How WONDERFUL! What a special experience and you were able to be there with Amber and Justin. Wow. I have chills. I think I might cry tears of joy! Congratulations!

Caitlin and Jared said...

Congratulations!! What a blessing--and an amazing experience. We're exited to all of you in August!

Amber said...

Congratulations! I have been dying to hear the news since you shared the possibility with me a few weeks ago. Words cannot express the special miracles that happen on such a day as that! We got to experience all that excitement exactly one year ago. We are so grateful for Heavenly Father's plan for all of us!

Candise said...

I have been waiting for photos and an official announcement! I am thrilled for your family. What a wonderful blessing. We can't wait to meet Eli. The photos of he birth family are priceless; what wonderful people! Congratulations!

LeAnn said...

Welcome baby Eli---We love you already! Congratulations to all!

Jennifer said...

Congratulations. He is adorable! He is truly blessed.

Alynda said...

He's beautiful! I have been checking everyday for pics. So glad he's finally here, and yours.

Courtenay Beth said...

What a HANDSOME little MIRACLE little Eli is, we have been praying for you guys, what an honest Miracle! I am so amazed at the relationship you have with the birth parents. I can't wait to meet Mr. Eli, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Chantri said...

Oh he is so beautiful. I am extremely happy for your family. What a special experience and an even more special addition to your family. Nathan will be such a great big brother. Congratulations!

Holly said...

I was SO hoping that this was what the last post was about!!!! Congratulations you guys! How EXCITING!!!! :)

Shalee said...

Isn't adoption the best?! What a beautiful little baby and wonderful blessing!!! YAY!!!

The McBride Bunch said...

Wow, he is just so handsome. What great pictures---priceless! Congratulations you 3......I am so excited for you. You both look so happy and Nathan looks like an awesome big brother. Best of luck with adjusting to a new little one in the home!
Lisa

jennifer said...

How wonderful!!! Congratulations to all of you!

Jami N. said...

Oh, my gosh, Amanda!! Congratulations! He is beautiful. I am so happy for you and your sweet little family!

Chelsea said...

Congratulations!! Eli is darling! We're so happy for you!!!

Amber said...

I'm so happy for you! Congratulations!

Brenley said...

WOW! Congrats! What a MIRACLE! The best kind!

Cambry said...

How wonderful! So happy for you and your three boys. Both Nathan and Eli are beautiful little guys. Three cheers for birthparents! What a special experience you must have shared at the hospital. I love them for including you and Derik. Love to you all!

Jessica said...

Thank heaven for birthparents who love a child so much they chose to give them a special family! Eli could not have gotten luckier than to have Derik and You chosen as his Daddy and Mommy and Big Brother Nate! What a beautiful, awesome little family you two have. CONGRATS!!!! And what an awesome thing to have such amazing pictures to capture the special event. I am so very happy for you all.

carol.lambert said...

I know I am late and way behind, but, hey, I also OLD! Congratulations on another beautiful little son! Sometimes do you think your heart will just BuRsT with joy and love! I went through your blog today, and used up a box of Kleenexes! You and Derik have certainly been blessed, but I am sad that you also felt the loss of death at the same time. Know that the Lord will continue to bless you as you rely upon Him. We love you and will be so happy to see your new little Eli -- hopefully, sometime soon!

susan said...

I just have a question who is Justin.

susan said...

Well I have been trying to get someone to email me back. So I will just ask you a question. When you Eli was born, you say Amber and Justin. That is not Justin...
email me at sassisusie@hotmail.com

susan said...

Thank you for changing the name for me Justin is Richards brother. Hope all is well and Eli is very beautiful.
Susan