Monday, November 9, 2009

Spotlight



This is my fabulous, beautiful mom, Kathy. 
I have so much respect and love for this woman.  I recently went to Burley and spent an entire month there with my two boys.  She (and my mother-in-law, Nancy) was kind enough to watch my boys while I drove for beet harvest.  I know what a great sacrifice it was for her (my boys keep me busy...and I'm used to it!).
Mom is an amazing cook.  She has no fear in trying a new recipe, and we are lucky enough to reap the benefits.  She cooked for me, cleaned for me, did laundry for me, ran errands for me, and watched my boys all on top of it.  I even came home one day to clean sheets on the bed, and she had tidied up my room too.

She's amazing.
A.maz.ing.

I am so thrilled that she is my mother. 
I remember an experience from when I was probaby about 10 or 11 years old.  It was Easter, and of course, my sisters and I had all gotten new Easter dresses.  I was so excited to wear my new dress that Sunday.  I remember noticing my mother's shoes as we were getting ready to leave for church.  They looked horrible.  They were so old and worn out, they were practically falling off her feet.  I was so sad for her.  Here I had a beautiful new dress that I probably didn't even need, and my mother was wearing these shoes that were beyond worn-out.  She had put my needs (or wants) above her own so that I could wear a new dress that Easter Sunday.  I have never forgotten that moment.  But that is who my mom is.  She gives and gives, and then gives of herself again.  She is a bright, beautiful, spritual woman, and I am deeply grateful that she is my mother.  I never know how to repay her for her kindnesses.  She has taught me about the Savior, and has shown how to live my life like Him through her wonderful example.

I love you Mom!  Thank you so much for all that you do.  I hope that I am the kind of mother that you have been to me.  Hugs & Kisses.

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

And she is beautiful too!
Love you all!