Friday, January 8, 2010

Eli Update


This is Eli's expression upon trying cereal for the first time.  He looks terrified.

He had his 6 month checkup on Tuesday, and here are the stats:
Height: 27 inches (65 percentile)
Weight: 18 pounds, 14 ounces (70 percentile)
Head: 43.5 inches (40 percentile)

He's growing like a weed and we can't stop him!  I get sooo many comments on the size of his hands and how big they are. 

We started baby food on Christmas Eve, and it took about 2 weeks for him to adjust to actually eating food instead of drinking it (and I completely forgot how messy and time consuming it is!), but now he eats like crazy!  He loves bananas, applesauce and pears. He's mostly okay with carrots and sweet potatoes.  The jury is still out on the green beans.
He hates rice cereal.  Oatmeal all the way (Nathan was just the same).

He rolls front to back, and back to front.  He gets up and rocks back and forth on his hands and knees.  I wouldn't be surprised to see him trying to crawl soon.  He loves to be spoken to, and if you sing, you'll have his attention for quite some time.

He loves his Daddy!  It was nice for Derik to be home for a long while for Christmas...Eli got attached, and now can't get enough of Daddy!

He still thinks that Nathan walks on the moon.  Even though he gets mauled about a hundred times a day.  Nathan is the one that gets the best giggles out of Eli anyway.

I can't imagine our life without this little guy.  I feel like he's just always been here.

I can't get enough of him.

Heck, I think I maul him.

No comments: