Friday, April 25, 2008

Eight Wonderful Years


Today is our 8th wedding anniversary! Derik and I both took the day off, got a babysitter, and spent the day together. We went to breakfast, bummed around town a bit, and also got to go to lunch together! It was so nice to have a day with nothing to do! We even went to a movie! I would suggest having a day like this to everyone. Not all the time, but it's a wonderful treat every once in a while! Derik is the most amazing person, and I have learned so much from him over the years. I love you, babe! Thanks so much for all you do for our family and especially for me!

6 comments:

J.R., Amber, & Co. said...

Awww... Happy Anniversary! You guys are so good together! It's always funny when I think about when you two first hooked up. Derik would call J.R. and say, "I like Amanda, but I don't know what to do!" And then you would call me and say, "I like Derik, but I don't know what to do!" Finally we couldn't stand it anymore and told you both to buck up and tell each other how you were feeling!!! ha ha ha! I can't believe it was that long ago!

*Stephanie Mitchell* said...

Happy anniversary!!! That's exciting! It's already 8 whole years? Crazy!!!! You two are just too cute!!! I hope i have that someday!!! :) love ya!!!

Holly said...

Happy Anny! How fun to get away even for a minute! :)

Bean said...

Congrats guys! I love ya and miss you lots!

leslie m. said...

That sounds perfect. Jeff and I celebrate 7 years next month. Where does the time go? Happy anniversary! Hope to see you soon.

Gina Taylor said...

Sounds like you guys spent an awesome day together. Good for you two. Those Taylor boys are pretty Amazing!!!