Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Sip from a straw


Tonight on the way home, Nathan and I stopped at the grocery store. For anyone that takes a 2-year-old shopping, you understand how fast you must shop in order to keep the store in the best condition it can be, and with the least amount of temper tantrums or screaming. We finally make it to the checkout (the store was super busy tonight), and of course, I leave Nathan in the cart on the other side of the checkout stand, right behind the cashier. It is usually the safest place, and I don't have to wrestle him while I'm paying for groceries. I look up from my purse to see Nathan look down at the counter and see the cashier's beverage. He leans forward, and in my horror (and through my desperate shouts, of "Nathan! No! Nathan! No! Stop!!!), takes a sip directly from the straw. The guy that was checking our groceries started laughing and told me it wasn't any big deal - he needed to fill it up again anyway. I was mortified. Luckily, the guy was pretty easy-going! Kids have no shame!

5 comments:

Anne Marie said...

That is hilarious! Those are the moments that seem to go in slow motion, and you just can't quite get to your child fast enough...

Amber said...

That's hilarious! I laughed out loud! Oh man, the things they do when they're just out of reach... you know they know!

jennifer said...

Hi Amanda!!!! This is so fun to "see" you again!!

What a beautiful family you have. You probably don't remember, but I and my 2 brothers came to our family through adoption. It is such a beautiful blessing!

Are you doing hair? I have a "salon" in my kitchen and keep pretty busy - it is so fun, I totally love it.

I added your blog to my sidebar and am looking forward to keeping in touch...

And that is the funniest story about your little boy, by the way!

LeAnn said...

That was so cute--good job catching pictures of it. Don't you wish you could hear what is going on their little heads?

amy and clint said...

Isn't it amazing what our kids think to do? They definitely keep us on our toes! I feel for you because I can totally see any one of my boys doing the same thing! What is it with boys?!? At least they give us some fun stories to tell!!