Thursday, April 9, 2009

New Glasses!

Nathan got glasses today! We thought it would be an uphill battle (and I do realize that it's only the first day), but he's done very well with wearing them.
We've really tried to talk them up, and show him that he can look just like Daddy (when Daddy wears his...). He seems to be okay with it. Nate has tons of astigmatism, which causes distortion in his vision. He also has amblyopia, which basically means that one eye works too hard. Eventually, without treatment (glasses), his brain would just "shut off" the eye that was working too hard, causing lazy-eye. I'm so grateful we caught this early!
We think he looks awesome! He seems to like them okay...so I'm guessing that he can already tell the difference his glasses make. Hooray! That will make wearing (and keeping them on)easier!

10 comments:

jennifer said...

Awww! Very cute!

Chantri said...

Oh my goodness he looks SO good! What a handsome little guy!!

Jennifer said...

He looks so handsome in them!

Deanna said...

He is such a cutie!!! :)

Courtenay Beth said...

What a mini stud muffin! He is so charming Manda, so so adorable!

Karen said...

There look really cute on him. He is really handsome. Nathan you are growing so fast. He does look awesome like his daddy. Pretty handsome cousins I have.

Amber said...

Aren't we blessed to have things like eyeglasses that help people see!?!?! He looks adorable!

leslie m. said...

Wow! He is so handsome in his new glasses. How did you realize he needed them? I haven't had Kaylee's vision tested. Do you think I should?

Hewards said...

He looks adorable! I'm going private and want to keep tabs so leave me your address on my blog. (if you want ;)

Cambry said...

What a HANDSOME little devil!